Bay Area Mechanic

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

acuboy
Roadster Fanatic

Bay Area Mechanic

Post by acuboy »

Hey All!

So, bikermike gave me a recommendation for a mechanic in the Bay Area that he had met and seemed cool and knowledgeable. He made it clear that he couldn't completely vouch for the guy because he'd had no need to bring his roadster to a mechanic. I just have to give a huge shout out to Luke at Lucky's Speed Shop in Fremont. This guy runs a one man fabrication and mechanic shop and he knows every nut and bolt on our roadsters. I brought my ride in because I was having trouble getting my EI dizzy dialed in and I also wanted someone to thoroughly go through all the cars systems. He picked my car apart and was completely up front and honest. He dialed in my ignition and carbs in no time flat and then flushed all the fluids, rebuilt my clutch slave, replaced the brake lines and fluid, resurfaced the rear drums, chased down a few electrical oddities. And here's where I got really impressed... my convertible top from was fractured at one of the joints. He couldn't weld it because it's aluminum, so he re fabricated the part and now it works perfectly. All this work was done timely, with regular communication, and at a very fair price. I've now got a daily driver and I have him to thank. From now on only he and I will touch the roadster and it will probably be him redoing the stuff I do myself :oops: . Anyway, just wanted to give him a shout out because I know some local people here are sometimes looking for someone good. And, BikerMike, thanks for the referral!

-duncan
2005 Jeep Liberty Diesel converted to run on vegetable oil
1967.5 Datsun 1600
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Re: Bay Area Mechanic

Post by notoptoy »

When you find someone that good, hang on tight! But be careful, now you gave away the secret and you won't be able to get an appointment! :-)
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by Alvin »

Luke is a very talented guy! I've seen his work :wink:
Now let's see your roadster out on a fun run!
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
acuboy
Roadster Fanatic

Post by acuboy »

Just lemme know when and where... my roadster now breathes fire. Oh yeah... and I need some new rims. Word has it your the resident expert.
2005 Jeep Liberty Diesel converted to run on vegetable oil
1967.5 Datsun 1600
Alvin
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by Alvin »

working on it!

Cruise this thread for roadster wheels:
http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5787" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
pebbles
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by pebbles »

these look good on black cars
http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16976" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David

"When we were standing next to the motor while on the dyno, and the motor hit VVL, eyes went watery.."